This time I decided to go with a font based off of Judas Priest's logo[link]
. Also my reasons are mostly tl;dr ramblings, so you don't have to read them if you wish not to. Anyway:
10. Abigail and Grandma from the two King Diamond albums Abigail and "Them" respectively- Not from any cartoon, game or comic book, these two characters come from two of King Diamond's concept albums. In Abigail, the eponymous character is the spirit of a bastard fetus, stillborn as her mother was pushed down the stairs of the crypt in her mansion by her angry husband, also killing her. Nearly a century later, the protagonist Jonathan and his wife Miriam would stay at the old mansion, only to find that Miriam is possessed by Abigail. Abigail would later reappear in the sequel album Abigail II: The Revenge as the album's protagonist. In "Them", the Grandmother of a fictional young King Diamond has come home from the asylum (though he was told to believe that she was merely on a long vacation). King soon finds out that his Grandma is possessed by "Them", the voices of the house they live in called "Amon". "They" drink Grandma's tea made from human blood. Aside from the cover of Abigail II and the music video for Welcome Home[link]
, these characters don't have much portrayals unlike the other characters on this list, but King Diamond's description of them and his vocals make them a joy to hear. Arguably they're not entirely evil as Abigail merely wants to be born (as King pointed out she can be considered either evil or good) and Grandma is a crazy, lonely old lady who wants some company from her invisible friends. For that I find them both interesting.
tl;dr ABIGAIL LETS HELP GGGRANDMA OUT OF THE CHAIR
9. Emperor Doviculus from Brütal Legend- Continuing with Metal related media, Doviculus was originally supposed to be portrayed by the late Ronnie James Dio. Tim Schafer later decided to recast Tim Curry for the role as he felt that it didn't fit Dio. One thing I've noticed is that this character is a lot like Curry's other demon character from the movie Legend (which I have yet to see, but have seen clips), albeit in BDSM clothing and with fishnets on his arms. Overall Doviculus is a cross between the Lord of Darkness, Faux Metal and organized religion. I love his crazy, spikey look and his hilarious lines. It's all great stuff. Brütal Legend is often overlooked as a whole which a damn shame. If you like Heavy Metal and RTSs I highly recommend it.
8. Dr. Ivo Robotnk/Eggman from Sonic the Hedgehog- Whether he's played by the late greats Long John Baldry and Deem Bristow or played by the legendary Jim Cummings and Mike Pollock, Robotnik is always the best thing about Sonic. Just seeing the silly fat bastard running around trying the take over the world is funny. My favorite portrayal would be is The Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog counterpart, he was at his lulziest in that series.
7. Gaston from Beauty and the Beast- It was tough decided which Disney characters to put on this list and how many. But if I had to pick two it would be Gaston and Ursula (get to her later). I doubt I really need to explain him, but I'll go ahead anyway. Gaston starts off as the handsome yet extremely arrogant town hero, however as Belle continuously refuses his advances he grows into a jealous, murderous monster. He also has a lot of funny moments, most of them with his midget sidekick LeFou, who I feel is very underrated. Overall Gaston is the best and the rest is all derips!
6. Dr. Frank-N-Furter from The Rocky Horror Picture Show- Yes another character played by Tim Curry. A parody of the Dr. Frankenstein character, Frank-N-Furter is a cannibalistic, pansexual, Sweet Transvestite/mad scientist from the planet Transexual in the galaxy of Transylvania. A fascinating villain, Frank doesn't do a lot of truly evil acts, aside from killing Eddie with an axe and then serving him as dinner. He also abuses his creation Rocky and forced Brad and Janet to stay in the Frankenstein Manor for experimentation. If you haven't seen the movie yet I highly recommend it, especially if you like musicals.
5. Magneto from X-Men- Granted I haven't read much of the X-Men comics featuring Magneto, but I have seen the movies and the cartoons. Born a German Jewish boy who grew up during World War II, Max Eisenhardt is a holocaust survivor. He has a strong dislike for humans and believes that Mutants are superior is every way. Along with Dr. Doom, Magneto is probably one of the more complex supervillains. He wants what best for his people but at the expense of others. Ian McKellen's performance as him in the movies is also great.
4. Ursula from The Little Mermaid- The other Disney villain I included on the list. I was trying to decide on either her or Dr. Facilier from The Princess and the Frog as both are great evil magicians, but went with Ursula. Disney took the sea witch character and made her into very interesting design, an obese half-human, half-octopus sea being. I know there have been plenty of mermaids done before, but feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, I don't think an Octopus human has been done before Disney did it. Anyhow Ursula's motivation is different than the sea witch from the original story. Instead of merely being a neutral character who others turn to for help, Ursula wishes to take revenge on Ariel's father King Triton and rule the sea. She also gets a wicked song number that starts off kind of slow but gets faster. Bottom line, don't mess with these eight legs of blubber.
3. Wario- I must have a thing for fat villains, huh? Three on this list. But anyway Wario has been portrayed more as an anti-Hero in recent games. His first appearance was Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins, where he took over Mario's castle while Mario was busy rescuing Daisy from Tatanga in Sarasaland. Since his defeat by Mario, Wario has spun off into his own two franchises, Wario Land and WarioWare. He also appeared in Super Smash Bros. Brawl as a member of the Suspace Army. What I like about Wario is that he's funny, strong and sometimes even shown to have intelligence. He's not the typical cookie cutter "Dark Character" like Shadow the Hedgehog or Dark Link, Wario is his own character.
2. Frieza from Dragon Ball Z- In my opinion Frieza is the best villain in the series. This reptilian, somewhat effeminate looking alien is a manifestation of what Akira Toriyama thought real monsters looked like. And a monster he is. He's destroyed many planets with no remorse, killed the entire Saiyan race and is difficult to kill himself. He's like Michael Myers almost, you could cut him from the waist and blow him to bits but he would always some how come back. Now a lot of people debate on whether he or Cell is the better villain (because noones lieks Buu
) but I say Frieza simply because he had more motivation. Cell was just a robot bug creature in it for the fun.
1. The Joker from Batman- Be it Cesar Romero, Jack Nicholson, Mark Hamill or Heath Ledger, the Joker is my favorite villain. His origin is unknown as he always gives a different story and he's the polar opposite to Batman in every way, making him the perfect arch-nemesis. The murderous Clown Prince of Crime, like Batman, does not possess any superpowers and uses weapons modeled after gag products to conduct his crimes. His most infamous being the Joker gas which gives it's victim a grin before their demise. In Batman the Animated Series he was also given a female sidekick named Harley Quinn, who is also madly in love with him though the relationship is usually one-sided. Overall the Joker is the greatest supervillain of all time and one all aspiring villains should look up to.